Each of my sessions were 30 minutes, so I had to deliberately concentrate my message down to the bare essentials. What are those?
We all struggle in some way. It is the common human experience to know what to do, but not always do it.
We can plan all the healthy choices in the world, but if that place within us keeps sabotaging our efforts, we will stay stuck.
That place within us has been trying to get our attention for a long time.
That place within us will keep acting up until we stop trying to fix up the outside, and begin to heal within.
It is an inside job.
Our wounds do not heal on their own. They must be processed in healthy ways. Time alone does not heal our hearts. Getting thinner does not heal our hearts.
We need to stop working on the outside, to try to cover up or change what we are struggling with on the inside.
We are absolutely strong enough to look within ourselves.
People pleasing and fear of disapproval can rob us of our authenticity and identity.
When we are rooted in fear, it is very difficult to learn/remember who we are.
One miraculous reflection of the truth can change our perception from fear to love, like it did for me in the grief support group.
When this shift happens, we begin to heal from all the ways we've not been true to who we are. All the times we've made choices out of fear, or for a hit of approval, or for a dose of comfort/escape.
When we begin to know our worth, we can make choices that honor who we are, authentically.
When this happens, the healing happens from inside -out. No more grasping for will power and self discipline. Fitness and health come naturally, because we are someone we want to take care of.
TRUTH: EACH DECISION YOU MAKE REFLECTS YOUR EVALUATION OF WHO YOU ARE AND YOUR WORTH
- Come out of hiding, denial, isolation (tell a friend, life coach, counselor) - take off your mask
- Accept grace for your past - receive forgiveness!
- Community! Join a group, attend a support, recovery group, running or workout group
- Accountability! Find others to help hold you accountable
- Feel your feelings, invite them, write about them, sing about them, paint them
- Grieve unresolved grief, share your story
- Grow in your healthy identity, learn about who you really are
- Learn to battle for truth in your mind
- Face your fears!
- Let down your façade, discover and accept your authentic self
TRUTH: BE YOU!
You are already good enough, you matter, & you are loved.