An empowering challenge to incorporate intentional movement, such as one mile/day, every day from March 1st - April 30.
How do I join?
If you are on Facebook, look for the 60 Day Challenge picture, and then post your woohoos, smiles, miles, stats, overcoming moments, victories, triumphs, sweaty selfies, fitness tracker screens, fist pumps, steps or anything else you would like to share. If you are not a Facebooker, email me daily.
Is it too late?
Certainly not. Get moving.
Why would I join a challenge?
It has a miraculous way of creating intention and action! It's hard to believe until you experience it yourself. If you want to get moving, and you suddenly know you are doing it collectively with fifty other women, you have a power bigger than you behind you! There is seriously nothing else on earth that could get me on my treadmill at 11:00 pm before I end the day, because I am determined to get my mile in.
What if I miss a day?
Don't! And if you do, you know what to do. This isn't about getting validation for your excuses, it's the opposite. You CAN do this. Imagine the feeling of accomplishment when we celebrate on May 1st, and you can say, "I did it!!"
What does it feel like to be doing this with all these other women?
- 3 miles during Tread today!!
- Done!! Outside Walk & rowing machine.
- 2 miles in the neighborhood tonight. Just under Zone 1, but that's all I had in me today!
- Another day and another successful walk, upped my distance again. Having a great time with this challenge. Makes me feel good about my commitment to do this.
- I’m doing it!!! I try not to do electronics on Shabbat, and so Friday I was happy to walk the bike trail in Danville and we found The Bridge of Dreams.
- My pic from our group run yesterday. Great weather for a run!
- WOOHOO! Day #2 done by 7 AM! I didn't want to...alarm went off way too early b/c I forgot to reset...my bed was cozy....it was cold and windy out. But - I had made plans to meet Laurie to run 3 miles, so I met her and we did our run. So glad I did b/c I won't have much time later in the day. Thanks for the challenge!!
- Day 2 Plank Done!
- 1.3 miles. It’s all I could manage at 6am
- Just finished 2 miles.. did around 30 minutes of yoga/ core
- Zone 1 mile after work.
- Got my mile and a quarter in today. Look forward to walking farther tomorrow. Loving this challenge.
- 35 mins of lifting this morning. Maybe a walk outside tonight if it isn’t raining sideways:)
- I ran 5.5 miles to welcome March.
- Out for the walk with Fido and Susie Q.
- 3.35 miles with the Tread Girl Power playlist!
- Got in a little over a mile this evening. That wind, brr!!
- 1 mile in the wind and rain!
- Got my walk in this morning. Thank goodness for the treadmill at the Fitness Center. Look forward to walking outside soon.
- Just got my mile in after another long day. Now I'm ready for bed!
- Well, I got in 1.2 miles and then it started raining and I was afraid I would melt! LOL Tomorrow I will just hit the basement and the treadmill. Not my best start but I WILL do better!!!
- 2.5 miles in on treadmill!
- Got in my plank along with the walk I had scheduled--all inside but it was warm and dry.
- 1.5 on treadmill, I mile on elliptical.
- I only got a quarter mile but it was my first serious exercise since before my knee surgery in December. 76 calories burned!
- 2.3 miles during a travel day. I thought I might look a little suspicious walking up and down the terminal but ultimately decided, who cares?
- My lungs are still in recovery from being sick last month but managed a mile walk today.
- I started yesterday and did a mile plus tennis last night.
- Slow walk around my block last night, I’m revving up!
- Please add me Sue!! And I didn't wait for the 1st... got 2 mile walk in today to start strong!
- Walked my first mile today in Minturn Colorado. Even took a friends dog for a walk.
- I got 1.6 miles in with my neighbor today. Had to do a quick one but tomorrow will be on the treadmill so it will be longer. Enjoyed the sunshine today, not going to enjoy the rain tomorrow.
- Getting out with my pup now! We clocked 2 miles.
- I got out today, for the first time in forever and walked the dog and chatted with my neighbor for 2 miles. I'm accepting the challenge and maybe this will get me motivated to actually follow my WW points and walk everyday. And when I walk my dog, he doesn't stop to sniff or pee on everything so I actually had a sweat going!
- This was going to be my goal for March anyway, so why not March and April? I actually started this morning with a 5:15 am workout! I’m going to keep mine as intentional exercise every day to give myself some options!
- I’m in!! I will move at least one mile/day or will do yoga/lifting on the days I give my legs a rest! I started yesterday without even realizing it!
- I’m in! My goal is a 45 second plank every day for 60 days.
- I commit to hitting 7000 steps a day, unless I break my leg. (Don't let that stop you! - Sue)
- I am in it for the good life it brings. A mile a day with a workout on Friday. I am also lucky to be surrounded by a group of incredible women!! Thank you all for being you.
- I am in for an intentional mile a day! I am very excited about this.
- I need to do this. I’ve been in such a funk since last fall and really must recommit to myself and my well being! I’ll go for a mile a day on my elliptical!
- I would like to participate in this challenge! I will commit to a mile a day and/or at least 30 minutes of the bike or elliptical.
- Day one went well yesterday and I'm on track today! Sometimes, it's moment to moment, but I'm on the right track!
What if I am afraid to fail?
I get that. I really do. Do it anyway. Surprise yourself. Get bold. Fight harder. Act like this means something to you. We are talking about sustainable, lifelong health and fitness. Put on your armor and fight. Stand up for yourself. There is no better feeling than making the internal shift, where you finally believe you are worth standing up for, taking care of, believing in, and then doing it.
Let's do it together. You are not alone. Even if, like me, you find yourself on your basement treadmill at 11:00 pm because the day got away from you and you didn't do your mile yet, you are not alone. I had each of you with me on that mile. I wanted to report VICTORY, not an excuse. That's where the magic of accountability happens. I had you with me.
Let's fight this fight together, and encourage one another along the way. Maybe we can start a revolution while we are at it, where every woman feels good about herself and knows that she is worth standing up for and taking care of.
Be brave. Get strong. And never, ever give up.