- The combination of exercise + music + intentional intervals + other people makes the time go by extremely fast. This is the exact opposite of a boring walk or treadmill workout. It has a big mental boost to it. Like I said on Saturday, "Hello happy brain chemicals!"
- Many of us still believe that the harder we work, the better. Tread is a reset button on that false belief. With cardio fitness and fat burn, it is not about working as hard as you can. It is about learning how to be in a particular heart rate zone.
- This is a learning process. We are working out based on advanced exercise science! I've tried to simplify it as much as possible, but it will take a few sessions to learn how your heart rate responds to the changes in speed and incline. You'll get it.
- One of the changes you will see first in your fitness is your recovery rate. In other words, when we finish a song and I say, "Recover!", your heart rate will start to drop to zone one much quicker. Some of you are already seeing that after just a few sessions. Yes, it can happen that quickly.
- We are working in the zones where the highest amount of fat is burned for fuel. If you want that fitness reboot, come to class twice a week if possible. This is a great way to "hit the reset button". I would much rather see you do a workout "cleanse" than a food cleanse. Don't be afraid to immerse in exercise if you want to see results.
- I felt good before, but I have been teaching five Tread classes a week and I feel amazing! Walking like this is the number one exercise for life long fitness. Learn now, and stay with it.
- The first song of our very first class was, "What Are You Waiting For?" Don't suffer through knowing you need to do cardio, but hating it. We all find a way to spend the $15 anyway, why not make it go towards you taking care of you! What are you waiting for?
- A participant said after class on Saturday, "Winter is going to be great, now!" I started thinking about that. What would winter be like if we all kept up our cardio? What if spring came and we had actually lost the weight we've been hoping to? It is possible! You just have to do the work.
- Tread is intended to be for walkers. I love walking and I believe it is the best fat burning cardio exercise there is, especially as we age. There is something really awesome about being on that treadmill in class, arms pumping, core tight, shoulders back, power walking. I mean it, the sweat is dripping! Walking like this is also a learned skill, so stick with it. It takes practice.
- I've heard your struggle for years regarding cardio. I know what to do, I just don't do it! Everything about Tread is meant to help you push through that and be someone who says, "I did it!" As always, it is about accountability, consistency and believing the truth. The truth is you can do this, you'll feel so much better, and you might even become a walker for life.
Tread class is going great. Kim and I are learning a lot and so are the people who've signed up. Here are my observations so far:
Writer, fitness coach, personal trainer, spiritual guide, seeker of truth, child of God, student of life.